Friday, April 2, 2010

I wanna be a runner...


So I have decided that I want to be a runner. Now looking at me, runner is not the thing that one would think. I don't know what has suddenly drawn me to running other than being told that running makes people skinny. I hate running!!! I hate it with a passion, but I would like to love it. I see my friends and family who love it and I am a bit jealous. My sister has always been a runner and now a few of my good friends are really getting into it. I think it is amazing and it takes an incredible amount of determination to be able to have the will power to do it. How do I start being a runner though??? I am in no shape to just go out and run. I might die if I did. So I have a dream of being a runner and a hope that I will figure it out and be able to start and that I will eventually love it.

1 comment:

  1. Okay Shannon, I really enjoy reading your blog, but your background is making me sick, lol. Running is probably the cheapest form of exercise. All you need is a great pair of shoes. Of course there is lots of fancy gear out there but you don't need it. When I decided to join the military I was far from in shape as far as running goes. Dave and I went out every night and would sort of shuffle jog. Well I would and he would "yell" at me to get my butt moving. It was pretty funny. I don't think there is any secret to it. You just go out and do it. At first it may be a shuffle/walk and then move on to a jog and eventually you'll be running. Have you ever heard of Body For Life? I really like his cardio. It's only 20 minutes and you kind of need to do it on a treadmill. This workout really helped me get back into running after having my kids. If you want more details I'll have to send you a message or something, because seriously the bubbles are making me nauseous. :D

    ReplyDelete